Trillys Systems Inc has an immediate requirement for Senior VM Network Designers for two different projects for a Federal Government contract. The initial contract term of one project is for a period of one (1) year with an anticipated start date as April 1 2017. The initial contract term for the other project is for a period of one (1) year and three (3) months, with an anticipated start date of January 1 2017. Start dates are contingent on resources being in possession of necessary security clearance. There is a strong possibility of an additional thirty-six (36) months.
The ideal candidates should possess over five (5) years of solid government experience in fulfilling the role of Senior VM Network Designer. This is a great opportunity to join a winning team.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
- Responsible for the analysis of requirements, as well as system analysis and engineering.
- Responsible for developing enhancements and new features to various platforms.
- Responsible for performing unit testing.
- Responsible for configuration management of developed software.
- Responsible for system and network management, including security aspects.
- Responsible for ensuring that analysis and design adhere to best practices and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) engineering.
- Responsible for providing operational support, and conducting research.
- Responsible for writing reports, user manuals, technical support documents, briefing notes, presentations, procurement and project-related documentation.
- Responsible for developing and conducting training sessions.
- Responsible for providing support to the development lab.
- Responsible for delivering briefings to technical staff, end users, and management.
- Responsible for providing other consultation as required.
- Act in a liaison role with other government departments.
- Responsible for purchasing goods pertaining to related projects with the approval of the technical authority.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience of programming in high-level programming languages such as C++ or Java within the last ten (10) years.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience of software design and development in telecommunications/networking systems.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the design of VMWare networks within the last five (5) years.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with cryptographic software and algorithms.
- Minimum of five (5) years‘ experience with Smartphone (BlackBerry, Android or iPhone) software development.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Network Computing or Computer and Internet Security.
- Demonstrated design and development experiences in networking, including virtualization, security, router and firewall configuration (Cisco, HP, other).
- Demonstrated programming experience in high-level programming languages such as C++ or Java, and scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- Demonstrated experience with designing, building and securing VMWare, ESXi and vSphere networks.
- Demonstrated experience in securing networks and network equipment, and penetration detection.
- Demonstrated experience with configuring, administrating and working with one or more of the following tools: Bugzilla, JIRA or GIT.
- Demonstrated experience with LINUX/UNIX, Microsoft Windows Server or Apple OSX system configuration, administration, and architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in programming with VoIP protocols (i.e., SIP, H323 or MGCP, Asterisk).
- Demonstrated experience in conducting software analysis and design in high security government environments or in organizations with high government-sponsored security constraints.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates should submit their application by November 21st 2016 in order to be considered for this great opportunity.
To apply directly for this contract opportunity, please click Apply now.